Last updated on May 13th, 2020
If you’re looking for a quick and easy getaway from your daily hustle in Lagos, the Lakowe Lakes Golf and Country Estate, a 308-hectare residential golf estate located at Lakowe, may just be what the doctor ordered.
Getting to Lakowe Lakes…
We arrived at the facility after a 30-minute bus ride from Jakande. It was pretty much a straight drive from there and we made only one left turn to get into the road that led up to the estate. Upon arrival, our host, Ann-Marie, checked us into our apartments and gave us some time to get settled and have lunch before we began the activities for the day.
The apartments were quite chic and came fully furnished and equipped with everything we needed to make our short stay as comfortable as possible. It had a living room (complete with DSTv subscription and WIFI), dining area, kitchen and a bedroom.
Soon enough, it was time to begin the activities on our itinerary. Our first stop was a tour of the facilities managed by FilmoRealty. We had already seen the 1-bed Loft (this was where we stayed), so we checked out the 2 bedroom loft and the cottages. It’s safe to say the cottages were everyone’s favourite.
Once we were done with the tour, we went on to the next activities which involved fishing and cruising across the lake in paddle boats. Then it was time for our golf clinic. This was actually so much fun and as it turns out, I am naturally gifted at the game of missing the golf ball. I dare you to challenge me! I DARE YOU!
The next morning, I skipped the morning exercise session but happily made the Instagram bridge photography session with my girls – because, you know health is important but Instagram photos are important-er.
Some points to note…
- You would need to dress appropriately for the golfing sessions. Try not to think of this as a chore, rather think of it as playing dress-up :). You’ll need a good shirt with a collar (think Polo shirts), nice khaki pants or shorts and good shoes. And serious golfers wear face caps, yeah? You need that too 🙂
- You should also pack anti-bug spray or long pants and shirts to prevent insect bites when walking around the premises
- The lofts and cottages are self-catering, so BYOB. Otherwise, you can patronize the clubhouse restaurant.
- If you’re planning your own getaway, the flowing costs apply;
- The 1 bedroom apartments cost ₦50,000 per night, while the 2 bedroom apartments cost ₦70,000 per night. FilmoRealty currently offers a 10% discount on these rates for a group of 6 or more people.
- The studio cottage cost ₦60,000/night and the 1 bedroom cottage costs ₦65,000/night
- Green Fees go for ₦10,000 from Tuesdays to Thursdays and ₦20,000 from Fridays to Sundays
- Golf Lessons costs ₦15,000 for a 45-minute session and the golf clinic (minimum of 10 people) costs ₦150,000